12.02.2009

men are the new women.



I want to take the time to repost this entry from Married to the Mob that brough certain feelings into play while reading..

This might just be the most random entry EVER! or, maybe not
so what i really feel the need to inform ppl of these little annoying everyday problems women have with most men.


Boy oh boy, do men get it twisted sometimes! Lately the argument of being 'high maintenance' has been popping up around me, and I find it to be a really good topic of discussion, and even more so, a wonderful look at the split between female/male perspectives.


Before I really begin, I'd like to classify what my idea of being 'high maintenance' means. It throws off the balance of a relationship and puts the focus on the woman (not that men can't be high maintenance either) who will later end up being resented by the man, and ultimately herself. Unless of course your man is a bitch who likes to get stomped on. A truly high maintenance girl isn't ever happy unless she has 'her shit'. So it's not what she wants that makes her a bitch, but it's how she reacts when she can't get it. Of course that doesn't mean I'm necessarily backing a girl who says 'Daddy I want the Pony and the Benzo now!" just because she says 'love ya' afterwards. I'll explain...


I spent many evenings watching my father impatiently grow angrier as my Mom would rifle through her closet looking for something to wear so they could go out. I'd tell him to be patient, but I also didn't like it when he'd get mad, so I'd run back and fourth between them, hinting to my Mom, "Dads getting mad!" She would sigh and I could see the desperation in her eyes, all she was really trying to do was to look good, and he was responsible for that in some part. I mean what woman doesn't want to look foxy for her man? Generally he'd 'go wait in the car', which was the most stressful thing ever because we all knew he wasn't happy in there. And sometimes he'd even honk. I'm cringing just thinking about it. But back then, I didn't understand why she had to change a thousand times either. Now, even if I'm just getting ready for work, it can take 10 different tries, 2 freakouts, and maybe even some shed tears before I'm out the door. Men have to just accept that women do this sometimes. There's broads out there that will say 'pfff, well I'm right out the door in 2 minutes'. Yeah, good for you bitch, but some women don't got it like that. And if you're not struggling with clothes, then maybe your struggle is putting your face on in the bathroom. Regardless, whatever your routine is to get ready must be accepted. Don't let a dude try and trick you into making you think you're 'acting' high maintenance or 'like such a girl'. Just tell them to shut the fuck up and be patient. He wont be complaining when your coconut-scented titties and shiny, bouncy, blown-out hair are dangling in his face.

Another situation where the term comes in is when you just expect your man to do certain nice things because he is in fact, your man. I got into a few little spats with my boyfriend over that, I'll share an example. One morning he went to get us breakfast while I was getting ready for work, which is a really sweet initiative. The next morning I was getting ready again, he was sleepy, and I said something along the lines of 'baby I'm hungry'. He then called me annoying. I was upset, obviously. The way I saw it, he'd done it the day before and seemed pleased to do so, so why not again?


Sometimes I think the problem comes from how I saw my Father as a child. I was a Daddy's girl, he always had these little gentlemanly touches - like walking on the side of the street and always giving me the first sip - that I feel entitled to today. But then again, I shouldn't feel that I'm asking for a lot by expecting that shit. And there's no double standard, because I understand mens primal needs too. That's why I encourage baking pies in nothing but a lace apron and insist my man put his feet up when he gets home from a long day at work while I grind the weed and pack it up.



You can't argue that this is old fashioned thinking either, I don't care that men are the new women and that they're bitchier than ever. Make your fucking woman happy without whining about it and making us feel like we're pulling teeth. There's always plenty of other bones out there who won't have a problem getting a chick some coffee or doing the dishes. Isn't it ironic how the biggest low-life dead beat dudes always talk about how they want to marry bitches like Megan Fox and Kate Moss. You think we're high maintenance? HA! Pete Doherty did get in there though...

(Via: MOB)

No comments:

Post a Comment